Want to be part of being an industry game changer? We are moving into offshore wind installation based on a novel crane solution that has passed concept lockdown and is now moving towards PoC and detailed engineering. Use your experience to help build the solution in the most optimal way possible in a whole new way of going to market.
”When this novel crane solution is successfully implemented, we will revolutionize the installation of wind turbines both on- and offshore, by being independent of turbine tower height and at a significant lower cost,” explains Lead Strategy Advisor Niels Neergaard.
You will be based at our new and open office environment HQ in Lyngby. Here, you will be part of a relatively small, spirited startup team of 7 colleagues, where the next 1-2 years are crucial for our success.
Together, we reign over a broad array of competences, and we work together with technology and concept development partners to bring the project live. It will be an exciting once-in-a-lifetime journey that will likely have its ups and downs.
We have received substantial funding from the Danish Energy Agency and collaborate with partners within the established wind industry, including technology providers and suppliers such as Vestas and MHI Vestas. This way, we secure strong synergies and knowledge-sharing throughout the project.
In this role, you will be instrumental to the success of the project and you will report directly to our technical innovation lead. You will be working quite independently within your field as part of a truly cross-functional team in an international company with high ambitions.
Working closely with our technology providers, you will help develop our concept into a fully functional crane solution. The solution should be able to handle critical lifting and balancing requirements in a challenging offshore environment.
If you are driven by an equal share of vision and pragmatism, this is a great opportunity to join a start-up environment with room for a roll-up-your-sleeves, jack of all trades attitude.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Challenging and developing specifications and requirements
- Engaging in detailed design and production requirements while thinking safety and operation into the product design
- Testing the crane solution and subsequent changes
- Class companies’ approvals
- Collaborating with suppliers
Who we are looking for:
- We are open to applicants from a variety of backgrounds. Perhaps you come from an engineering consulting background with a specialty in craned solutions.
- Or maybe you come from specialist functions within heavy lift operators, jack-up installation providers or crane producers.
- You have experience from working with crane design solutions from a reputable company as well as knowledge from product development environments
- You are a specialist within lifting hardware and operations, and you have experience with development and approval of novel lifting concepts
- You have experience from working with Class society
It is key that you have a strong collaborative mindset and thrive in an open and dynamic environment where we challenge each other daily and work closely with suppliers and partners. Also, it is important that you have a startup mentality as we like to challenge conventional thinking.
We review candidates on ongoing basis, thus your quick action is appreciated.
Maersk Supply Service has recently launched a new Integrated Solutions business to support the company's ambition to become a leading integrator of marine services and solutions for the energy sector. With vessel operations remaining the core business, Maersk Supply Service will in addition bundle services and manage sub-contractors to offer a more simplified and efficient operation to customers. As a business we are focusing on delivering high performance and operational excellence in a challenged oil market, while building on and scaling the capabilities needed to deliver new services to our customers. It is an exciting time to join Maersk Supply Service as the organization is moving into new business areas. Maersk Supply Service employs an international staff of around 1080 offshore and 210 onshore people. Headquartered in Lyngby, Denmark, Maersk Supply Service is represented globally with offices in Aberdeen, St. John's, Rio de Janeiro, Lagos, Luanda and Perth. Maersk Supply Service is a part of A.P. Moller - Maersk which employs around 88,000 people in over 130 countries.