Are you a high-performing and ambitious lawyer with an international perspective? We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join a growing Legal Department in Maersk Supply Service and directly support our global Offshore Support Vessel and Integrated Solutions business.
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and international environment within the Maersk Supply Service Legal Department. You will be part of a professional and experienced team supporting Maersk Supply Service’s global business across regions, including projects within the Integrated Solutions and the Subsea Market.
You will be working closely with the business and our clients, including major oil companies, and participate in challenging legal projects in a large number of jurisdictions.
You will have room to develop your skills, innovate and do things differently, as you join us on our customer journey to become the world's most reliable supplier of advanced offshore marine services.
Given that Maersk Supply Service is currently operating in countries in Northern Europe, North America, Latin America, Africa, and Australia, the position offers the possibility of significant international travel.
You will be offered a competitive compensation package based on your experience.
You will be part of a truly international company with our employees representing +35 nationalities. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion; all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times, and we believe that our employees thrive and perform better with a healthy work-life balance.
You will be responsible for providing first class legal support to all of the Maersk Supply Service business with a focus on the legal and contracting structures for our strongly developing Integrated Solutions business.
You will report directly to the General Counsel. Specifically, you will be:
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts relating to all Maersk Supply Service activities, including contracts and subcontracts for the integrated offshore services.
• Advising on and establishing corporate structures and presence in new areas of operations in a wide range of jurisdictions.
• Working with and managing cooperation with major international law firms in the areas where Maersk Supply Service operate.
• Advising on and handling legal disputes arising in Maersk Supply Service.
• Explaining complex legal concepts to other departments in Maersk Supply Service.
• Understanding and managing complex liability and risk scenarios arising in the Maersk Supply Service business.
Who we are looking for:
A qualified lawyer with solid experience from a law firm or from an international organisation. You have broad experience in handling large international projects and a deep understanding of contract law and international contracts. Prior experience from the Offshore Wind or Oil & Gas and Subsea Industry is a preference.
As a person you are:
- A high performer that thrives in a challenging and fast-moving business environment
- Analytical and able to focus on the important issues and prioritize when dealing with a large number of compex tasks
- Commercially minded and with excellent negotiation skills
- Self-driven and willing to take individual responsibility for your tasks
- Comfortable presenting and explaining complex issues in a clear and concise way to colleagues across our business, from offshore crew to top management
- Familiar with English law
- Able to travel 30-60 days a year
- Fluent in spoken and written English.