Are you looking for an opportunity to work on a multinational company? Are you a good team player? Are you a fast pace person and like to be involved on operational activities? Do you have background in the offshore market? Would you like to share that knowledge with the team?
“This is your chance to support Offshore Vessels and give world class assistance to offshore colleagues through this diverse position” says Head of IT Ops Kasper Thiesen.
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and international environment within Maersk Supply Service. You will be part of a professional and experienced team supporting to maintain a good level of safety standards into company operations, working closely with the offshore colleagues and Vessel Operation team.
You will be part of a truly international company. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion: all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times and we believe that our employees thrive and perform better with a healthy work-life balance.
With reference to this chance in IT team, you will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge even further, gaining valuable global business insight in the process.
Travels might be expected to this position.
- To assist in the technical operation of the vessels
- Maintain the fleet IT-Infrastructure setup on board the vessels and ensure same are upgraded according to business standards and requirements
- To act as owner’s representative in respect of IT affairs during stay at shipyards and assist Vessel Management in same
- To manage the co-ordination of maintenance, repairs and modifications for IT equipment on board the vessels
- Take ownership of Offshore IT infrastructure, network and server monitoring
- Responsible to monitoring infrastructure onboard all vessels
- Act as IT business partner for Offshore crews and Fleet Management ensuring a healthy relationship between IT and Vessel Operations
- To ensure and manage installation of servers and computers on board new buildings including system setup
Who we are looking for:
As a person, you have:
- Good interpersonal skills, high energy level and enjoy team work
- Holds a result and detail oriented mindset
- Service mindset
- You recognize yourself as being proactive, self-manageable, adaptable and flexible
- Have bachelor degree as IT or related areas
- At least 4 years of work experience on IT department preferable in the offshore industry
- Fluent in verbal and writing communication in Portuguese and English
- Solid knowledge on Infrastructure (Windows 2012 server; Hyper-V; Cloud solution; Networking)
- Experience with Project management (PMI)
- Offshore IT Environment will be considered an advantage
Maersk Supply Service has recently launched a new Integrated Solutions business to support the company's ambition to become a leading integrator of marine services and solutions for the energy sector. With vessel operations remaining the core business, Maersk Supply Service will in addition bundle services and manage sub-contractors to offer a more simplified and efficient operation to customers. As a business we are focusing on delivering high performance and operational excellence in a challenged oil market, while building on and scaling the capabilities needed to deliver new services to our customers. It is an exciting time to join Maersk Supply Service as the organization is moving into new business areas. Maersk Supply Service employs an international staff of around 1080 offshore and 210 onshore people. Headquartered in Lyngby, Denmark, Maersk Supply Service is represented globally with offices in Aberdeen, St. John's, Rio de Janeiro, Lagos, Luanda and Perth. Maersk Supply Service is a part of A.P. Moller - Maersk which employs around 88,000 people in over 130 countries.