Are you passionate about keeping people safe? Are you a good team player that thrives on finding the best solutions? Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a multinational company? Do you have offshore experience and a Technical Safety background?
“This is your chance to embark on a safety journey towards creating an environment where it is safe to fail” says Head of HSEQ Maria Martens.
We offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic, highly professional and international environment within Maersk Supply Service. You will be part of an experienced and dedicated team ensuring that our safety standards are always at a top level.
You will be working closely with our offshore colleagues and clients and in collaboration with both, finding the best solutions.
Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion: all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times and we believe that our employees thrive and perform better with a healthy work-life balance.
With reference to this chance in HSSEQ team, you will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge even further, gaining valuable global business insight in the process.
- Visibly drive the agreed safety agenda offshore as well as onshore and be an ambassador of safety in all you do.
- Take part in global HSE work and projects.
- Work with Crewing and HSSEQ Department in order to prepare and conduct Pre-Embark Meetings.
- Attend client Safety meetings and disseminate the instructions or recommendations amongst company employees.
- Lead and/or participate actively in the accidents and incidents investigation process and preparing the investigation report to be presented.
- Visit periodically the vessel in the region, registering the minutes of meeting and the safety observations in the Company Management System.
- Follow up on all HSE inspections.
- Follow the care to casualties and register the Communication of Industrial Accident-CAT, where applicable.
- Ensuring that non-conformities, observations and treatment of accidents are recorded in the company's Management System, to an appropriate treatment and in time.
Who we are looking for:
As a person, you have:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- You are energized and enjoy team work.
- Holds a result and detail oriented mindset.
- Have graduated as Safety Technician.
- At least 5 years of work experience in a HSE role, preferably in the offshore industry.
- Fluent in verbal and writing communication in Portuguese and English.
- Knowledge of Brazilian security legislation.
- Familiarization with the rules ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISM, ISPS and DGSM Code.
- Desirable, basic training in the methodology of investigation of accidents Kelvin Top Set.
- Seafarer or on-board experience will be considered an advantage.