We offer a unique chance to join a market leading company within the offshore support industry. This is an outstanding opportunity to apply your expertise with one of the industry’s most respected ship owning companies in a central and dynamic role in Technical Support as part of the Technical Organisation.
You will be an important member of our Technical Support team, where you will get the opportunity to work with the latest technical developments within off shore subsea operations and lifting appliances. You will work amongst highly dedicated colleagues and demanding clients, all being subject matter experts within various technical fields. You will proactively take part in daily operational trouble shooting and be asked to provide guidance and solve ongoing challenges, but also be responsible for driving engineering and execution of modifications and upgrades to our existing vessels – from anchor handlers to extremely specialized and customized subsea vessels
Working out of our new domicile in Lyngby, you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits. We offer a market competitive compensation, long term career development, qualification support, and a balanced work schedule.
As a Crane Specialist your overall objective will be to proactively support vessels with trouble shooting and manage modification projects from the initial idea is conceived until hand-over to our fleet teams. We expect you to be able to identify and address challenges swift and efficiently, and at the same time, keep a high degree of cost focus. Everything we do must create value to our clients.
In the position as Crane Specialist, you are also expected to be ready to evaluate and assess the technology of the future for our vessels. You will be a key point of contact for a wide variety of equipment suppliers in our constant drive for optimizing equipment, solutions and systems to accommodate our customers’ requirements and maintain our business in a sustainable way.
Furthermore, you will be the responsible subject matter expert ensuring safe lifting operations on our vessels, providing guidance and instructions for safe operations as well as technical know-how in the use of lifting equipment, in accordance with applicable legislation and the company’s requirements.
Key responsibilities are:
- General support and advise on lifting equipment related inquiries
- Identify and rectify any issues occurring related to the safe and efficient operation of the cranes
- Maintain and update manuals and procedures
- Ensure lessons learned are captured and shared across the fleet
- Assist as requested with regards to lifting equipment selection and related projects
- Contribute in further development of company’s competence and technology level within the field of lifting operations, and act as focal point to streamline communication between offshore and onshore.
- Monitor and advise of changes to regulations and Industry standards
- Seek new and innovative lifting gear solutions for our units
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a self-driven individual, who can prepare the organisation to face and effectively manage all operation related to lifting equipment. You have at least 5 years of relevant experience in marine, off shore or oil and gas related industries, preferably in a supervisory role.
Key qualification, courses and competencies for this position:
- Engineering degree
- Extensive experience in lifting equipment maintenance, installation and upgrades
- Extensive experience in developing/assessing offshore crane lifting plans
- Practical experience with crane maintenance
- Holder of offshore crane operators certificate
- Excellent communication skills
- Planning and administrative skills
- Proficient in PC office applications
- Fluent in both verbal and written English