Do you have a talent for recycling and waste management? We are looking for an experienced candidate with a good track record of North Sea decommissioning activities. Experience from other areas will be an advantage.
Maersk Drilling and Maersk Supply Service have founded a new company targeting the oil and gas industry with integrated decommissioning services – Maersk Decom, and we are looking for a Recycling and Waste Management Engineer with strong knowledge and experience within decommissioning of offshore facilities. Here you will have the opportunity of professional development while being able to leave your fingerprint on the position as one of our technical specialists on decommissioning services.
You will be part of our newly started company with great entrepreneur spirit, working out of Copenhagen, Denmark. You will report to the Chief Technical Officer and ensure recycling and waste management activities are properly planned and prepared from a technical point of view.
You will be part of a highly specialized organization, that provides safe, reliable and efficient turnkey decommissioning services to the global oil and gas industry and given excellent opportunity to further develop your skills through insight into our way of doing business globally in close collaboration with clients, partners and subcontractors.
You will be based in Lyngby, Denmark and be ensuring offshore facilities, equipment and materials are recycled when possible, that waste is segregated out and handed in a prudent manner, and the entire recycling and waste management process is document as required. You will be driving innovation, lessons learnt and continuous improvement processes, delivering technical input to tenders and ensuring technical recycling and waste management excellence across Maersk Decom´s project portfolio, and that the projects are prepared, executed and delivered as planned.
Stepping into an international environment and highly professional teams, you will be exposed to and experience our organizational capabilities such as innovation, collaboration and customer focus. You will have the room to innovate and further develop your skills based on the combined experience base of Maersk, our clients, collaboration partners and contractors, as you join us on our journey to become the world's most reliable supplier of turnkey P&A and decommissioning services.
When joining Maersk Decom you will work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength.
The Recycling and Waste Management Engineer will be one of Maersk Decom´s specialists and a technical resource for decommissioning and abandonment activities, ensuring the that we know what we are going to handle, that facilities, equipment and materials recycling values are maximized and waste are handled as required.
The Recycling and Waste Management Engineer will be responsible; to engineer and document safe, reliable and efficient recycling and waste management solutions, assist innovation of new methods and tools to enhance quality and efficiency, concept studies and prepare technical input for tenders based on input from specialists, collaboration partners and subcontractors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Mapping of contamination and ensuring that systems are adequately flushed and cleaned prior to disassembly
- Mapping of facilities, equipment, materials and liquids to ensure we understand what to be handled at all times
- Develop Detailed Operating Procedures (DOPs) in cooperation with clients, collaboration partners and subcontractors
- Identification, pre-qualifying and technical contracting of recycling and waste management collaboration partners
- Engineer relevant activity documents like management of change, lessons learned and liaise with clients, collaboration partners and subcontractors
- Maintain company standards, procedures and guidelines
- Assist in contract tender, evaluation, award and supervision
What are we are looking for
- Dedicated engineer with minimum 10 years relevant recycling and waste management experience
- Experience from flushing, cleaning and disposal of materials that is covered by marine growth, contaminated with hydrocarbons and NORM, handling mercury and other hazardous materials
- A candidate that understands the legislative requirements and how to comply with them
- Prior experience with technical queries, action tracking and lessons learnt processes
- An openminded, innovative and pragmatic mindset with “can do” attitude
- A systematic person with overview and focus on quality without compromising deadlines
- Candidates with flexibility to travel, including to the offshore facilities
• Maersk Decom provides bundled decommissioning solutions to global oil and gas operators. Initially covering up to 80% of the decommissioning process, Maersk Decom offers project management, well plug and abandonment, towage of floating units and removal of subsea infrastructure. In the long-term, Maersk Decom plans to provide the full end-to-end process of decommissioning. • The company was established in April 2018 as a 50:50 joint venture between Maersk Drilling and Maersk Supply Service. Maersk Decom leverages the parent companies’ heritage of over 50 years of safe and efficient operations, high quality assets and technical capabilities. • For more information, visit www.maerskdecom.com