Do you have a talent for plug and abandonment activities (P&A)? We are looking for an experienced candidate with a good track record of North Sea P&A activities. Experience from other areas will be an advantage.
Maersk Drilling and Maersk Supply Service have founded a new company targeting the oil and gas industry with integrated decommissioning services – Maersk Decom, and we are looking for a P&A Wells Engineer with strong knowledge and experience within well engineering. Here you will have the opportunity of professional development while being able to leave your fingerprint on the position as one of our technical specialist on P&A services.
You will be part of our newly started company with great entrepreneur spirit, working out of Copenhagen, Denmark. You will report to the Lead Wells Engineer and ensure P&A services are properly planned and prepared from a technical point of view.
You will be part of a highly specialized organization, that provides safe, reliable and efficient turnkey decommissioning services to the global oil and gas industry and given excellent opportunity to further develop your skills through insight into our way of doing business globally in close collaboration with clients, partners and subcontractors.
You will be based in Lyngby, Denmark and be working with P&A activities; engineer safe, reliable and efficient P&A solutions and document same in programs, facilitate risk assessments, driving innovation, lessons learnt and continuous improvement processes, delivering technical input to tenders, ensuring technical excellence across Maersk Decom´s decommissioning project portfolio and that the projects are prepared, executed and delivered as planned.
Stepping into an international environment and highly professional teams, you will be exposed to and experience our organizational capabilities such as innovation, collaboration and customer focus. You will have the room to innovate and further develop your skills based on the combined experience base of Maersk, our clients, collaboration partners and contractors, as you join us on our journey to become the world's most reliable supplier of turnkey P&A and decommissioning services.
When joining Maersk Decom you will work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength.
The P&A Wells Engineer will be one of Maersk Decom´s specialists and a technical resource for decommissioning and abandonment activities, ensuring the P&A deliverables have been properly matured and experiences from previous projects have been adequately considered.
The P&A Wells Engineer will be responsible; to engineer and document safe, reliable and efficient P&A Solutions, assist innovation of new methods and tools to enhance quality and efficiency, concept studies and prepare technical input for tenders based on input from specialists, collaboration partners and subcontractors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct engineering tasks like torque & drag, hydraulics and cement calculations. Ensure P&A activities are properly planned, prepared and executed
- Engineer programs for the P&A work scope as well as the associated risk assessment register incl. selection of method, cost and schedule estimates
- Engineer relevant activity documents like management of change, lessons learned and liaise with clients, collaboration partners and subcontractors
- Engineer Section Guide Lines (SGL) and Detailed Operating Procedures (DOPs) in cooperation with clients, collaboration partners and subcontractors
- Work out End of Well Reports and assist in decent and correct filing of documents incl. ID numbering
- To follow company and area standards, procedures and guidelines incl. specific local area requirements
- Assist in contract tender, evaluation, award and supervision
What are we are looking for
- Dedicated well engineer with minimum 10 years relevant well, P&A and decommissioning experience preferably with some offshore experience
- Well engineer with knowledge and experience in subsea wells, wellheads and systems
- Experience with well operations and activities incl. well intervention and well control
- Prior experience with technical queries, action tracking and lessons learnt processes
- An openminded, innovative and pragmatic mindset with “can do” attitude
- A systematic person with overview and focus on quality without compromising deadlines
- Candidates with flexibility to travel, including travel to offshore facilities
• Maersk Decom provides bundled decommissioning solutions to global oil and gas operators. Initially covering up to 80% of the decommissioning process, Maersk Decom offers project management, well plug and abandonment, towage of floating units and removal of subsea infrastructure. In the long-term, Maersk Decom plans to provide the full end-to-end process of decommissioning. • The company was established in April 2018 as a 50:50 joint venture between Maersk Drilling and Maersk Supply Service. Maersk Decom leverages the parent companies’ heritage of over 50 years of safe and efficient operations, high quality assets and technical capabilities. • For more information, visit www.maerskdecom.com